As a journalist with respected website Poker Pages and co-presenter of a show on Holdem Radio, Amy Calistri is clearly no mug but her recent assessment of Gordon Brown’s U-turn on supercasinos suggests that she knows Vegas rather better than she does the shires of Britain.One of Prime Minister Brown’s first acts upon succeeding Tony Blair last month was to effectively consign to the scrapheap the Labour government’s proposals for a wave of British supercasinos. In Ms Calistri’s eyes, this places the Scotsman firmly alongside US Senator Bill Frist in the gambling hall of shame. Frist it was who drove the controversial Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act into existence in 2006, effectively imposing a ban upon on-line poker. “The UK has its own gambling Dark Ages’ poster boy…” Calistri rages in a Poker News article on July 24th. “The UK’s gaming reform experiment was seven years in the making and was poised to be an interesting counterpoint to current US policy. But what took seven years to plan took one man only four months to unravel. And in that context, the UK’s gaming policy experience is starting to mirror our own; the exercise of one man’s will.”At least Calistri sets… Read full this story
- French prime minister calls for global peace
- Former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown joins $78 billion Swiss private equity firm
- Matilda at 30: 'She would have been prime minister for a couple of years by now'
- UPDATE: British PM May announces resignation in emotional speech
- IS murder of British hostage an 'act of pure evil': Cameron
- British MPs vote on expanding London’s Heathrow airport
- The Latest: Japan confirms 1 fatality in Sri Lanka blasts
- The Latest: Johnson cites 'semi-Brexit' in resignation
- The Latest: Australia to push ahead with free trade talks
- The Latest: May defends Brexit plan after Cabinet departures
British Prime Minister Gambling's Latest Antichrist? Oh Please have 301 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 29, 2007. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.