Historical and Recent Past Period Drought Data is very valuable to predicting future trends and cycles. By doing this we can prepare for crisis by building adequate water resources and monitoring our fresh water supplies. It is important to understand all the regional dynamics in order to make good non-linear decisions to insure our civilization has what it needs. This data is from 2002.If you think the US is having problems look at Mexico although they are getting some good and needed rain this week in the interior of the country, it has been quite a problem. This Hurricane season has been lighter than anytime in the last 100 years and is not delivering the rain it could. As the El Nino cuts of the amount of space that the hurricanes can operate in, it may create a few larger systems where tropical depressions combine. The earth’s supply of freshwater for use by humans and natural ecosystems seems to be shrinking by the year. One-third of the world’s population is living in “water stressed” regions in the World. As human population continues to grow, so does the demand for more water. It is estimated that by the year 2025 nearly… Read full this story
- Worsening Ethiopian drought threatens to end nomadic lifestyle
- Cape Town faces end to home-piped water in April as drought crisis deepens
- Cape Town struggling to cope with worst drought in a century
- Water crisis grips Cape Town, South Africa, after drought stretching years
- Cape Town to run out of water by April 20 after residents ignore drought restrictions
- Icy roads, snow and freezing conditions provide ironic twist to repair drought damaged A1101 across the Fens
- Rome announces water rations due to 'extraordinary drought'
- South Africa's drought-stricken Cape Town pushes back 'Day Zero' to June 4
- Drought-hit Cape Town dreads 'Day Zero' when taps will run dry
- Millions to be spent on repairs to drought damaged fen roads
Part Six of the Drought of US Droughts - June 2002 have 311 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 24, 2005. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.